Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Inspiration Wall!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Remember when I was talking about creating an inspiration wall like this?

Instead of ordering these from Ikea, I did my own thing. I went to the local hardware store and got 2 very similar-looking small curtain rods and matching clips. The result is pretty much the same thing! I'm extremely happy with the result, and it means there are no thumbtacks from a bulletin board lying around.



What's on my wall?


Top row (L-R):
1. A little love note from my husband from WAY back in 2005
2. One of my favourite photos: me at the Berlin wall in 2004
3. A reminder: It begins with ME!
4. A wonderful quote: Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.
5. My training schedule for my upcoming goal race: the Tely 10 (mile)
6. An image of displays of vintage cameras - inspiration for our home
7. A photo of me as a little girl, with my first dog, Jade (a Welsh Corgi)
8. A postcard from the fabulous Two if By Sea cafe
9. A flyer for cake decorating classes. One of my best friends is amazing at cake decorating after just level 1! I want in on this action.
10. Paint chip ideas for our living room/entry way (painting scheduled for sometime this summer)


Bottom Row (L-R):
1. Magazine cutouts of my ULTIMATE goal race: The New York City marathon
2. A list of movies (mostly documentary/foreign/non hollywood blockbuster) that my friend Jill shared with me and that I am slowly making my way through
3. A postcard of a painting that I really liked from Musee d'Orsay (basically, my art heaven) in Paris. It's called Le Lit (the bed) by Toulouse-Lautrec.
4. An image from Tuscany (*sigh*) with the quote "Is it, in short, ever well to be elsewhere when one might be in Italy? - Edith Wharton
5. American money - waiting for my next adventure (don't rob me, it's only a few 1's)
6. Inspiration for a Christmas craft that I've been meaning to do for the past few years - will have to start early this year!

oh and tucked in behind is my current/ongoing "to-do" list!

Where do you keep your inspiration?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Alison Runs NYC ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates